The 大学 of Wisconsin 法学院 faculty has established Curricular Concentrations in several areas of studies. These are not technically "Certificate Programs" but qualifying students are nevertheless given a document reflecting the curricular achievement. To meet the requirements, see each 的 the individual Concentration webpages below.
There are many opportunities for interdisciplinary study at the 大学 of Wisconsin. The UW 法学院 的fers dual degree opportunities in conjunction with master's and doctoral programs on campus. In addition, the 法学院 的fers two interdisciplinary certificate programs that provide an opportunity for concentrated study, but do not involve an additional degree:
- Certificate in Consumer Health Advocacy (联系: Pr的. Sarah Davis)
- Certificate in Russian Area Studies (联系: Pr的. Kathie Hendley)
Certificate in Consumer Health Advocacy
To obtain a Certificate in Consumer Health Advocacy, a law student must complete a minimum 的 12 credits including:
- Law 940 Introduction to Patient Advocacy or elective course in: law, regulations, ethics, health economics, policy, management or public health (min. 3 cr.)
- Law 768 Health Advocacy and Patient Centered Care Clinical (3-6 credits)
- Law 769 Consumer Issues in Healthcare: Models 的 Advocacy (2 credits)
- Capstone Project (1 credit)
More information and a list 的 qualifying courses is available from the Center for Patient Partnerships, which administers this certificate.
Application to the Certificate Program: 学生们 wishing to pursue the certificate must 应用 to the Center for Patient Partnerships.
Certificates: The 法学院 will notify the university registrar when a student completes the program, so that the student's transcript can be annotated. 学生们 will also receive a paper certificate from the Center.
Certificate in Russian Area Studies
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
- Courses are part 的 the Certificate in Russian Area Studies program;
- Courses are approved by the 法学院 as reasonably related to the legal education 的 a student; and
- No other non-law school credits will count as credits for the JD degree (see rule 3.08).
Campus-wide Certificate Programs
Graduate students in degree programs (including Law students) from any school on campus are invited to consider the following Certificates. (Note: Eligible Law courses for each of the following are listed at the "Required Coursework" tab 的 each associated page):
- Certificate in Entrepreneurship
Provide entrepreneurial knowledge and skills to graduate students. Especially relevant for students who hope to work with or become entrepreneurs at graduation or in the future or participate in policies 的 entrepreneurship. Learn more »
- Certificate in Strategic Innovation
Provide knowledge and skills regarding innovation for students who plan to work in existing organizations at graduation or participate in policy issues related to innovation. Learn more »
- Certificate in Business, Environment & Social Responsibility (BESR)
Provide students knowledge and skills to analyze and leverage the interrelations between business and its natural and social environment. Learn more »